Sunday, October 21, 2012

Daily 5: Working with Words

Last week we started our transition to using the Daily 5 model during our reading centers. I was a little bit worried about how it would go. I was worried about letting go of full control... but it turned out great! Not only are all my centers differentiated... but my room is q-u-i-e-t! Like hear a mouse sneeze quiet. Also, it is so nice to pull students to work in a small group as necessary, instead of having a set schedule.


Here are pictures of how my centers are set up!
Word Work
Read to Someone
Listen to Reading
Read  to Self


Work on Writing

My class is crazy about the new word work centers. The center drawers are divided up into three bug  groups. Each student knows if they are a bee, grasshopper, or ladybug. Their bug level was chosen based on their DRA score. This system of grouping helps students to choose a word work job at their level. They also choose a book for partner reading using their bug level.


Here is a sneak peak of the inside of the drawers!



For a free copy of my digraph stamping cards click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment